Smartphone filmmaking courses:
- As part of the Craig Family Centre’s Ashburton Digital Storytelling Project
Smartphone filmmaking courses (delivered via online webinars):
- As part of Warrnambool City Council’s Green Futures Now (youth) project.
- As part of Southern Grampians and Glenelg Primary Care Partnership – ‘Stories2Connect’ project.
- Digital indigenous storytelling mentorship, a project made possible thanks to the Judith Neilson Institute for Journalism and Ideas – a national philanthropic fund based in Sydney.
- Online webinars smartphone filmmaking course delivered as part of Moyne Shire youth engagement project.
- For the Warrnambool City Council and Moyne Shire Youth Awards and Showcase (2020), I developed instructional sheets and online tutorials to teach young people how to capture their own footage for this online event.
- Online tutorials and mentorship for women to capture their own stories for the ‘Celebrating Women on Farms’ celebrations (through the Our Catchments, Our Communities program funded through the Victorian Government & the Glenelg Hopkins CMA)
- Creative Artist and coordinator of the Oceanarium Open Video Sphere Space travelling exhibition at COPAC (Funded by Festivals Australia)
- Creative Artist and coordinator of the Oceanarium Open Video Sphere Space at Fun4Kids Festival. Video Editing workshops presenter for Oceanarium, Fun4Kids Festival (Funded by Festivals Australia & Warrnambool City Council) 2016
- Facilitator of the Movie Makers space at Fun4Kids Festival (Funded by Sinclair and Wilson & Warrnambool City Council) 2015
Filmmaking Workshop Facilitator for TRACTA at Timboon P-12 School (Funded by FRRR and ABC Heywire Grant) 2015
Crime Prevention Audio Stories created at WAVE School with students (Audio Interviews). Broadcast at the listening lounge at WAVE School Crime Prevention Expo. Supported through the Crime Prevention Initiative (Funded by Community Safety Fund) 2015
Landscapes and Locals community collaborative film project, Peterborough, Moyne Pitch Project Grant Recipient (Funded by Moyne Shire) Read about it. Landscapes and Locals Screening Jan 22nd- Jan 30th, 2015 Window Installation and community screening, Peterborough
Landscapes and Locals community collaborative film project, Peterborough, Moyne Pitch Project Grant Recipient (Funded by Moyne Shire)
St.Brigid’s Oral History Project. Funded by the Victorian Government and Public Record Office Victoria (2014)
Flora video artwork. Virtual Arboretum Project Grant Recipient (Funded by RAV and CEMA Inc)
Inaugural Silver Ball Film Festival 2014 Warrnambool CBD installation and projection (My role was Documentary Filmmaking workshops presenter and projection support)
Digital Stories For Kids Project for Port Fairy Ex-Libris Festival. Funded by the Victorian Government and Public Record Office Victoria (2013)
Glenelg Hopkins CMA in partnership with Gunditj Mirring Staff Training (documentary film-making) 2013
Artists in School ‘Mortlake Shines’ Documentary Project at St. Colman’s School, Mortlake (Funded by Arts Victoria) 2013
Mortlake Shines Community Screening August 1st. Soldiers Memorial Hall, Mortlake (2013)
Between 2010-2013, Colleen worked as an ABC Open Producer in South West Victoria. In her role, Colleen coordinated many digital media projects and delivered countless workshops in her local community. She has worked with primary schools, secondary schools, TAFE, community groups, senior citizens, people with disabilities and the indigenous community. She adapts her workshops to suit the ability levels and experience of workshop participants. The stories produced by her community as part of ABC Open projects have been distributed far and wide on all ABC platforms: web, radio and TV. Colleen has run workshops in film production, sound production, photography, writing/blogging, social media, digital story telling and creating media using new technology (such as smart phones and iPads).
ABC Open Projects – Exhibitions and Screenings:
- Day in a Life Stories showcased as part of ‘Local Eyes’ Exhibition at the Portland Arts Centre (2012)
- Bullying is a Reality screened at The Capitol Theatre (Warrnambool) 2012
- DreamBox Photographic Exhibition at the Portland Arts Centre 2012
- DreamBox Photographic Exhibition at Atrium Gallery (upstairs @ Lighthouse Theatre) 2012
- DreamBox Photographic Exhibition at Warrnambool South West Healthcare Community Health (permanent) 2012
- Multimedia Exhibition and Guest Speaker at the Rural Councils Summit (Port Fairy) 2012
- Moment Behind The Photo screening, Nov 8, Archie Graham Community Centre 2011
- Framed at Port Fairy and the Short Film Showcase, Oct 28, Reardon Theatre, Port Fairy 2011
- ShutterUP Online Exhibition– Youth Art, Oct 19, Warrnambool Art Gallery 2011
- WxSW Screening at the Hamilton Cinema, Hamilton, June 28. 2011
- WxSW Screening and concert at The Loft 2011
- Warrnambool Now and Then Exhibition (Photography), Heritage Week, Warrnambool Art Gallery 2011
- One on One: Change Exhibition, Nov 2010-Jan 2011, Warrnambool Art Gallery 2010
Before moving to Warrnambool in 2008, Colleen worked in Melbourne in the Bayside area as a Secondary School Teacher and as a project coordinator of the Bayside Film Festival Youth Documentary Program. In this position, she developed, coordinated and facilitated a series of documentary filmmaking and digital storytelling workshops to schools and community youth groups. The outcome of the project was public screenings of the films at the Palace Cinema, Brighton in 2006 and 2007 and circulated DVDs of the films.
- Port Fairy Ex-Libris Writers Festival Documentary Film Workshops (Funded by the Port Fairy Film Society) 2010
- Digital Storytelling Course Teacher at South West Victorian SEAL Inc. (2008)
- Bayside Jump Cut Film Competition Coordinator (2007-2008)
- Youth Documentary Project Coordinator (2006 & 2007) and filmmaking & Digital Stories workshops facilitator (2005, 06, 07) for the Bayside Youth Documentary Film Festival Youth Documentary Project
- Artists in School Digital Storytelling Project at Berendale School (Funded by Arts Victoria) (2007)
- Digital Storytelling Workshops Technical Assistant (Volunteer position) at ACMI for the Monash Disability Group Civic Participation Digital Storytelling Project. (2006)
- Video Workshop Presenter for Young Mothers Group, ExperimentaLAB Project, Warrnambool.(2004)
Travelling Filmmaking Workshop Facilitator and festival information session co-coordinator for 15/15 Film Festival (destinations include Albury Wodonga, Wagga Wagga, Sydney, Alice Springs, Broome, Adelaide and Hobart) (2004)
Facilitated Video Workshops at AMES Multicultural Women’s Camp (2002)